Full Service Design
We offer full-home or full-room design for furniture, rugs, lighting, window-treatments, art and accessories. We love the creativity of designing a full space from the big picture function and flow to the minute details. There’s nothing like conceptualizing a project and then seeing it through to completion. It is said that “Design is in the details,” and we live for the accessorizing and styling at the end of the project.
We believe strongly in helping our clients to have high-quality furniture that is heirloom quality and will last for many years to come. The quality is important for aesthetic, practical (comfort and durability), and environmental reasons. We don’t want to fill up landfills with pieces that are trendy or poorly made and will be discarded in a couple of years. We source from primary USA-based manufacturers who have environmental initiatives and minimize the use of chemicals in their products. We also love to support local artisans and businesses.
Our full service design clients want have unique spaces that we design just for them. Our creativity flows best with full room design. If you have a couple special pieces, especially antiques or family heirlooms, we’re happy to incorporate those into the design, but overall the room should be a fairly “blank canvas”.
Over the years we’ve developed a design system which makes the process smooth and a lot of fun:
1) Initial Consultation — We meet for two hours in your home or business and discuss your needs for the space, your lifestyle, your style, and all the details! Then we measure the space.
2) Scope of Work and Contract — We send you our proposed scope of work and contact for your review and electronic signature along with an invoice.
3) Design Concept Boards –Within 2 weeks of your signed contract we send you 3 unique design concepts for your review. We get your feedback and collaboratively decide on revisions to the concept.
4) Shopping — Now the really fun part! We take you shopping to local showrooms for high quality, unique and beautiful pieces. (See our Guide to Selecting Fine Furniture). We custom design furniture and work with our local artisans and artists to create the perfect pieces for your style and your space. It’s so fun to get creative and so nice to support local businesses. We’ve cultivate relationships with so many wonderful vendors and pass along the financial and client service benefits of our relationships.
5) Selection Confirmation and Purchases — We order samples for you to see all of the selections in the space and confirm sizing and ensure that everything is great. Then we purchase products and resell to our clients, splitting our discounts.
6) Installation— Installation day is the best! We see all of our joint vision come to life and get to see our clients see the spaces that they will enjoy for many years to come!
7) Final accessorizing and styling— Finally we take clients shopping or bring over beautiful accessories to complete the spaces. We love to style bookcases, mantels, tables, and make sure that all details are complete!
Contact Us to start your Full Service Design
If your project involves a Renovation please note that we don’t take on many renovations, just one or two at a time, typically with our contractors, and we don’t take single bathroom projects.