We are pleased to offer two service offerings to fit different personality types, budgets, and projects. We approach all of our services as a collaborative partnership, and always conduct a Style and Needs Assessment at the beginning of our work with clients to be sure your space will be exactly right for you and your family. Our 2 offerings include:
2 Hour Consultation
Our 2 hour consultation is an efficient and affordable way to get answers to your burning design questions! We meet in the space you’d like to focus on and you can ask us anything. Common situations to focus on include:
- Space Planning— Options for laying out the furniture in your space for optimal flow, style, and function.
- Paint and Color Consultation — Together we’ll come up with a beautiful color scheme. In the 2 hour consultation we can typically select colors for several rooms in your home or business.
- Staging to Sell— We’ll give you many tips on how to stage and style your home for a quick sale and maximum profit, mostly using what you already have in your home.
- Does this Work? Often clients have done their own designing for a renovation or furnishings and would love an expert opinion on what works and what doesn’t.
- Style Session — We’ll do a shopping trip or in-home styling session for the perfect details for your bookcase, mantel, and tables.
- Wall Art Consult — We can review current art you have and recommend placement or provide ideas for new pieces. We love art consults!
The 2 hour consultation does not include in-office design time.
Contact Us to schedule your 2 Hour Consultation
Full Service Design
Full services design clients would like us involved in the project from beginning to end. We absolutely love this! There’s nothing like conceptualizing a project and then seeing it through to completion. It is said that “Design is in the details,” and we live for the accessorizing and styling at the end of the project.
We believe strongly in helping our clients to have high-quality furniture that is heirloom quality and will last for many years to come. The quality is important for aesthetic, practical (comfort and durability), and environmental reasons. We don’t want to fill up landfills with pieces that are trendy or poorly made and will be discarded in a couple of years. We source from primary USA-based manufacturers who have environmental initiatives and minimize the use of chemicals in their products. We also love to support local artisans and businesses.
Our full service design clients want have unique spaces that we design just for them. Our creativity flows best with full room design. If you have a couple special pieces, especially antiques or family heirlooms, we’re happy to incorporate those into the design, but overall the room should be a fairly “blank canvas”.
Over the years we’ve developed a design system which makes the process smooth and a lot of fun:
1) Initial Consultation — We meet for two hours in your home or business and discuss your needs for the space, your lifestyle, your style, and all the details! Then we measure the space.
2) Scope of Work and Contract — We send you our proposed scope of work and contact for your review and electronic signature along with an invoice.
3) Design Concept Boards –Within 2 weeks of your signed contract we send you 3 unique design concepts for your review. We get your feedback and collaboratively decide on revisions to the concept.
4) Shopping — Now the really fun part! We take you shopping to local showrooms for high quality, unique and beautiful pieces. (See our Guide to Selecting Fine Furniture). We custom design furniture and work with our local artisans and artists to create the perfect pieces for your style and your space. It’s so fun to get creative and so nice to support local businesses. We’ve cultivate relationships with so many wonderful vendors and pass along the financial and client service benefits of our relationships.
5) Selection Confirmation and Purchases — We order samples for you to see all of the selections in the space and confirm sizing and ensure that everything is great. Then we purchase products and resell to our clients, splitting our discounts.
6) Installation— Installation day is the best! We see all of our joint vision come to life and get to see our clients see the spaces that they will enjoy for many years to come!
7) Final accessorizing and styling— Finally we take clients shopping or bring over beautiful accessories to complete the spaces. We love to style bookcases, mantels, tables, and make sure that all details are complete!
Contact Us to start your Full Service Design